Shri Vinod Zutsi, IAS (Retd.), former Secretary, Tourisim, GoI, Shri Vinod Zutshi , while addressing the Delegates and Awardees at the 17th Global Corporate Communication Conclave, jointly organized by PRCI and PRSD; underlined the upcoming challenges faced in mass communication due to the digital revolution across the world and disruption caused by the AI and Chat GPT.
He spelled out the guiding principles for building greater trust in the digital age and dominance of AI in all spheres of life; key being
- Bringing greater transparency about sources and methodology.
- Demarcating between an ‘opinion piece’ and the ‘news’ and having in place,
- Rigorous fact-checking and verification mechanism.
- Ethical Reporting. Media literacy education to people to prevent them from misinformation and
- Educating the audience about data privacy and security concerns related to digital mass communication.
Shri Zutshi complimented the team at PRCI and PRSD for instituting ‘Chanakya’ Awards to honour the achievers in the field of public relations and mass communication and it was a matter of happiness to give away these awards at the event to the best performers and achievers. It was also a pleasure to hear the address of the Honorable Member of Parliament and Chairman, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, Shri Jual Oram, the Chief Guest at the event.