The 2nd India International CSR Conclave and Awards 2018 was held on 12th May 2018 at the PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, PHD House, Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi.
The event was jointly organized by MediaBytes, Presented by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Deemed to be University and Managed by Brand India.
MrSagarKaushik, a Social Innovator, of Pleasin Strides Foundation felicitated all the Guests and Speakers with an Innovative Environmental Friendly Plant.
The concept of corporate social responsibility has evolved over the years. It is today considered a vital part of the strategic business of large corporations. CSR is a way of conducting business, which makes corporate entities socially responsible citizens, visibly contributing to the social good, opined by Sandeep Behera, Brand Head of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Deemed to be University.
The IICSR Conclave 2018:
· It was an ideal platform for CSR professionals to discuss how organizations use CSR to integrate economic, environmental and social objectives with their operations and growth.
· The Expert speakers/panelists provided an in-depth analysis of contemporary CSR issues, trends, opportunities, challenges, standards and strategies.
· The Presentations and interactive sessions helped delegates to build a business case for CSR in their organizations.
· It brought together influential leaders, policy makers, policy influencers, eminent CSR practitioners and key stakeholders to create an unparalleled platform for exchange of dialogues.
· The Conclave discussed: Why Corporate Social Innovation is Important for a Better Future; How can Technology and Innovation Contribute to Finding Solutions to the Economic, Environmental, Political, and Social Challenges we Face Today; How Can India Achieve Inclusive Growth; How Corporate Social Innovation can help win the War on Poverty, Unemployment; Illiteracy, Child Labour, Women Empowerment, Quality-Air-Water-Education-and-Healthcare for those at the Bottom of the Pyramid; What Governments can do to Foster Public Sector Innovation, etc.
Some of the prominent Speakers and Guests who participated were:
· Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak, Founder, Sulabh Sanitation and Social Reform Movement
· Mr. Stefan Phang, Director - Sustainability & CSR, Diversey, Inc., Singapore
· Mr. Eric Hensel, Co-Founder & Social Investment Advisor, Sustainable Square, Dubai
· Mr. SuneetTuli, CEO, DataWind Inc., Canada
· Mr. Manoj Kumar Upadhyay, Director, NitiAayog
· Mr. Shrikant Sinha, CEO, NASSCOM Foundation
· Mr. Prakash Tewari, Executive Director - CSR, DLF Limited
- MsPritiChoudhary, Regional Director, CBN South Asia.
· Mr. Naveen Soni, Vice President – EA, CSR, PR, BIA, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited
· Ms. MamtaSaikia, COO, Bharti Foundation
· Mr. Rajiv Williams, Corporate Head CSR, JSL Stainless Limited
· Mr. ChandanBhavnani, Executive VP – Responsible Banking, YES Bank Limited
· Ms. Akanksha Sharma, Deputy General Manager - CSR & Sustainability, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited
· Mr. Vikas Bhatia, Head - CSR, Chambal Fertilisers and Chemicals Limited
· Mr. AbhishekRanjan, Global Head – Sustainability & CSR, Brillio Technologies
· Ms. SowmyaSuryanarayanan, Head - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), SocieteGenerale Global Solution Centre
· Dr. K. K. Upadhyay, Director - Strategic Initiatives, Swasti Health Catalyst
· Dr. M. J. Xavier, Former Director, IIM Ranchi
· Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty, Founder, Director & CEO, Innovative Financial Advisors Pvt. Ltd. (Fiinovation)
· Prof. RanjanMohapatra, Chairman, Vision Group
· Mr. Brajesh Gupta, Program Leader, GMR Varalakshmi Foundation
and many more…
Delegates at the Conclave:
The conclave brought together Influential Leaders, Policy Makers, Eminent CSR Practitioners and Key Stakeholders to create an unparalleled platform for exchange of dialogues. The delegates to the conclave included CSR Policy Makers; CSR Policy Influencers; MD’s; CEO’s; CMO's; CSR Heads; Sustainability Heads; Strategy Heads; HR Heads; Brand and Marketing Heads; Public Relation and Communications Heads; Environment Executives; CSR, Sustainability and Energy Consultants; Health, Safety and Environment Managers; Senior Management of Prominent NGO’s; CSR Enthusiasts; Academicians; Journalists & Media Professions; Students of CSR & Sustainability; etc.
CSR Excellence Awards 2018: Rewarding New Standards in CSR
· The CSR Excellence Awards was the most inclusive and diverse awards of its kind. It isn’t just about recognizing big business for responsible and sustainable practices. It is about rewarding change; building platforms to learn, share and progress ideas; and encouraging the development of engaged and ethical business practices.
· This applied to all organizations, large and small: Corporate Houses, SMEs, NGOs, Community and Local Initiatives. It aims to recognize any organization that puts CSR at its core, demonstrating its commitment to change. It celebrates business excellence and innovation in Corporate Social Responsibility across a broad range of disciplines, making it the only one of its kind in India.
· Award Categories : CSR Company of the Year (organizational award); CSR Leader of the Year (individual award); CSR Practice of the Year (recognition to the best practice in CSR); CSR Project of the Year in: Education; Women Empowerment; Livelihood; Environment; Clean India, Poverty Alleviation; Skill Development; CSR Project of the Year (Industry-wise): Healthcare; Cement; Energy/Power; Banking & Finance; Iron & Steel; Information Technology; Media; Oil & Gas; CSR Implementation Agency of the Year; NGO of the Year ; Social Entrepreneur of the Year; CSR Campaign of the Year; Social Innovation of the Year; etc.
Awards to the winners of the “CSR Excellence Awards 2018” took place at 16:30 hrson 12th May 2018 at the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi. The special guests who were present at the Award ceremony were MrSubirMallick ( IA & AS )Additional Financial Advisor & Joint Secretary, Ministry of Defence, GOI, Shri MahendraRanga, ADG- Central Excise GOI, Ramesh Chandra Agarwal, Businessman & Philanthropist. The detail list of Awardees are as follows:
List of Awardees at the India International CSR Conclave -2018