- Relaxation for middle class is likely to be in ’18 Union Budget #Budget2018
- Before #Modi govt, #India was considered fragile and we have introduced fundamental structural reforms: Arun Jaitley. #Budget2018
- India is now the 3rd largest economy in the world at Rs 2.5 trillion. Achieved 7.5% growth in the first 3 years: @arunjaitley #Budget2018
- #Government is working towards making all public service bookings online; railways, bus tickets already available: #FinanceMinister Arun Jaitley #Budget2018
- The Union finance minister is switching between Hindi and English, a trend not seen at least in recent times. #Budget2018
· Income tax exemption limit increased from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 2.5 lakh for individual taxpayers below the age of 60 years
· Income tax exemption limit increased to Rs 3 lakh for senior citizens
· Section 80C limit hiked to Rs 1.5 lakh
· Home loan deduction limit hiked to Rs 2 lakh
· Surcharge on income above Rs 1 crore hiked to 12% from 2%
· Additional deduction of up to Rs 50,000 for investment in National Pension Scheme (NPS)
· Wealth tax abolished
· Medical insurance deduction hiked to Rs 25,000
· Surcharge on income above Rs 1 crore hiked to 15%
· Dividends of over Rs 10 lakh to be taxed at 10%
· Tax rebate hiked to Rs 5,000 for those earning up to Rs 5 lakh
· New 10% surcharge on income above Rs 50 lakh
· Tax rebate reduced from Rs 5,000 to Rs 2,500 and will apply only to income up to Rs 3.5 lakh
· Rs 12,500 rebate for all taxpayers
· Home loan deduction limited at Rs 2 lakh
Middle class can hope for a big relief in the Union Budget 2018 as the finance ministry is contemplating to hike personal tax exemption limit and tweak the tax slabs.
People in the city, holding hopes, curious and stressed waiting for Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s Budget speech at 11 am — the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government’s first post-GST and last pre-poll Budget. The Sensex unboxed at 36,127.20 points, while the Nifty at 11,067.25.
The party breaking with old tradition, FM will deliver the Budget speech but not in English this time. His deputy and MoS Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla has hinted at a populist Budget, saying it will be a “good Budget and will benefit the common man”. The other MoS in Finance Ministry, Arjun Ram Meghwal, also hinted at a ‘common man’ Budget, saying the government must fulfill “everyone’s expectations”. This is India's first post-GST and is being keenly watched to see what Arun Jaitley does to boost growth in Asia's third largest economy.
Live streaming and live highlights of the Budget can be viewed at www.newsmantra.in
Photo Courtesy: Internet
An 8 month old is fighting for life after being allegedly raped by a 27-year-old cousin, with severe injuries on body in northwest Delhi's Shakurbasti.
The incident took place on Sunday. The accused was arrested on Monday who lives in the same building. "The accused has made the confession to his crime," police said.
The victim was admitted to a hospital after the incident was noticed.
Both the parents to the victim are working and had left their child to his elder cousin brother, who is the accused in the situation, which is when the incident took place.
“My wife noticed blood on bed and on my daughter’s cloths” said victim’s father. Noticing all, the girl was immediately taken to the hospital and they informed police.
After undergoing a three-hour-long operation, victim is still fighting for her life in Kalawati Saran Hospital.
One died, including 12 injuries over the clash of two communities during a Tiranga yatra in Kasganj city, Uttar Pradesh. Curfew-like situation prevailed after the "unauthorized" Yatra was taken through a communally-sensitive area, where participants allegedly raised objectionable slogans on Republic Day.